1. Gardy, J., Rehan, M., Hassanpour, A., Lai, X. and Nizami, A.S., "Advances in nano-catalysts based biodiesel production from non-food feedstocks", Journal of Environmental Management, Vol. 249, (2019), 109316. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2019.109316).
2. Hassan, M.H. and Kalam, M.A., "An overview of biofuel as a renewable energy source: Development and challenges", Procedia Engineering, Vol. 56, (2013), 39-53. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeng.2013.03.087).
3. Yang, W.M., An, H., Chou, S.K., Chua, K.J., Mohan, B., Sivasankaralingam, V., Raman, V., Maghbouli, A. and Li, J., "Impact of emulsion fuel with nano-organic additives on the performance of diesel engine", Applied Energy, Vol. 112, (2013), 1206-1212. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2013.02.027).
4. Fahd, M.E.A., Wenming, Y., Lee, P.S., Chou, S.K. and Yap, C.R., "Experimental investigation of the performance and emission characteristics of direct injection diesel engine by water emulsion diesel under varying engine load condition", Applied Energy, Vol. 102, (2013), 1042-1049. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2012.06.041).
5. Alenezi, R.A., Erdiwansyah, Mamat, R., Norkhizan, A.M. and Najafi, G., "The effect of fusel-biodiesel blends on the emissions and performance of a single cylinder diesel engine", Fuel, Vol. 279, (2020), 118438. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2020.118438).
6. Seifi, M.R., Hassan-Beygia, S.R., Ghobadian, B., Desideri, U. and Antonelli, M., "Experimental investigation of a diesel engine power, torque and noise emission using water-diesel emulsions", Fuel, Vol. 166, (2016), 392-399. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2015.10.122).
7. Alahmer, A., "Influence of using emulsified diesel fuel on the performance and pollutants emitted from diesel engine", Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 73, (2013), 361-369. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2013.05.012).
8. Venu, H. and Appavu, P., "Al2O3 nano additives blended Polanga biodiesel as a potential alternative fuel for existing unmodified DI diesel engine", Fuel, Vol. 279, (2020), 118518. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2020.118518).
9. Ninawe, G. and Tariq, M., "Influence of carbon nanotubes as additive in diesel-biodiesel blends in CI engine-an experimental investigation", International Journal of Sustainable Engineering, (2020), 1-12. (https://doi.org/10.1080/19397038.2020.1790059).
10. Armas, O., Ballesteros, R., Martos, F.J. and Agudelo, J.R., "Characterization of light duty diesel engine pollutant emissions using water-emulsified fuel", Fuel, Vol. 84, No. 7-8, (2005), 1011-1018. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2004.11.015).
11. Baskar, P. and Kumar, A.S., "Experimental investigation on performance characteristics of a diesel engine using diesel-water emulsion with oxygen enriched air", Alexandria Engineering Journal, Vol. 56, No. 1, (2017), 137-146. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aej.2016.09.014).
12. Lin, C.Y. and Chen, L.W., "Engine performance and emission characteristics of three-phase diesel emulsions prepared by an ultrasonic emulsification method", Fuel, Vol. 85, No. 5, (2006), 593-600. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2005.09.007).
13. Saravanan, M., Anbarasu, A. and Gnanasekaran, B.M., "Study of performance and emission characteristics of IC engines by using diesel-water emulsion", The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 69, No. 9-12, (2013), 2531-2544. (https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-013-5132-5).
14. Lin, C.Y. and Chen, L.W., "Comparison of fuel properties and emission characteristics of two-and three-phase emulsions prepared by ultrasonically vibrating and mechanically homogenizing emulsification methods", Fuel, Vol. 87, No. 10-11, (2008), 2154-2161. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2007.12.017).
15. Ithnin, A.M., Ahmad, M.A., Bakar, M.A.A., Rajoo, S. and Yahya, W.J., "Combustion performance and emission analysis of diesel engine fuelled with water-in-diesel emulsion fuel made from low-grade diesel fuel", Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 90, (2015), 375-382. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2014.11.025).
16. Suresh, V. and Amirthagadeswaran, K., "Combustion and performance characteristics of water-in-diesel emulsion fuel", Energy Sources Part A: Recovery Utilization and Environmental Effects, Vol. 37, No. 18, (2015), 2020-2028. (https://doi.org/10.1080/15567036.2015.1072605).
17. Tsukahara, M., Yoshimoto, Y. and Murayama, T., "Influence of emulsified fuel properties on the reduction of BSFC in a diesel engine", Technical Paper, SAE Transactions, Vol. 98, Section 3: Journal of Engine, (1989), 1795-1804. (https://www.jstor.org/stable/44581063).
18. Park, S., Woo, S., Kim, H. and Lee, K., "Effect of diesel-water emulsified fuel on the NOx and PM emissions of a diesel engine", Energy & Fuels, Vol. 30, No. 7, (2016), 6070-6079. (https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.energyfuels.6b00089).
19. Lin, C.Y. and Wang, K.H., "Effects of a combustion improver on diesel engine performance and emission characteristics when using three-phase emulsions as an alternative fuel", Energy & Fuels, Vol. 18, No. 2, (2004), 477-484. (https://doi.org/10.1021/ef0300848).
20. Zhang, J., Jiang, D., Huang, Z., Wang, X. and Wei, Q., "Performance and emissions of direct injection diesel engine fueled with diesel fuel containing dissolved methane", Energy & Fuels, Vol. 20, No. 2, (2006), 504-511. (https://doi.org/10.1021/ef0502094).
21. El Shenawy, E.A., Elkelawy, M., Bastawissi, H.A.E., Shams, M.M., Panchal, H., Sadasivuni, K. and Thakar, N., "Investigation and performance analysis of water-diesel emulsion for improvement of performance and emission characteristics of partially premixed charge compression ignition (PPCCI) diesel engines", Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, Vol. 36, (2019), 100546. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seta.2019.100546).
22. Yang, W., An, H., Chou, S.K., Vedharaji, S., Vallinagam, R., Balaji, M., Mohammad, F.E.A. and Chua, K.J.E., "Emulsion fuel with novel nano-organic additives for diesel engine application", Fuel, Vol. 104, (2013), 726-731. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2012.04.051).
23. Sudrajad, A., Hirotsugu, F. and Ali, I., "Experimental study of exhaust emissions of W/O emulsion fuel in DI single cylinder diesel engine", Modern Applied Science, Vol. 5, No. 5, (2011), 73-79. (https://doi.org/10.5539/mas.v5n5p73).
24. Kannan, K. and Udayakumar, M., "NOx and HC emission control using water emulsified diesel in single cylinder diesel engine", ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 8, (2009), 59-62. (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/239528260).
25. Subramanian, K.A., "A comparison of water-diesel emulsion and timed injection of water into the intake manifold of a diesel engine for simultaneous control of NO and smoke emissions", Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 52, No. 2, (2011), 849-857. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2010.08.010).
26. Bidita, B.S, Suraya, A.R, Shazed, A., Mohd Salleh, M.A. and Idris, A., "Influence of fuel additive in the formulation and combustion characteristics of water-in-diesel nanoemulsion fuel", Energy & Fuels, Vol. 28, No. 6, (2014), 4149-4161. (https://doi.org/10.1021/ef5002259).
27. Chen, Z.B., Wang, X.C., Pei, Y.Q., Zhang, C., Xiao, M. and He, J., "Experimental investigation of the performance and emissions of diesel engines by a novel emulsified diesel fuel", Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 95, (2015), 334-341. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2015.02.016).
28. Basha, J.S. and Anand, R.B., "An experimental investigation in a diesel engine using carbon nanotubes blended water-diesel emulsion fuel", Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part A: Journal of Power and Energy, Vol. 225, No. 3, (2011), 279-288. (https://doi.org/10.1177/2041296710394247).
29. Hoseini, S.S. and Sobati M.A., "Performance and emission characteristics of a diesel engine operating on different water in diesel emulsion fuels: Optimization using response surface methodology (RSM)", Frontiers in Energy, Vol. 13, (2019), 636-657. (https://doi.org/10.1007/s11708-019-0646-7).
30. Attia, A.M.A. and Kulchitskiy, A.R., "Influence of the structure of water-in-fuel emulsion on diesel engine performance", Fuel, Vol. 116, (2014), 703-708. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2013.08.057).
31. Ghojel, J., Honnery, D. and Al-Khaleefi, K., "Performance, emissions and heat release characteristics of direct injection diesel engine operating on diesel oil emulsion", Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 17-18, (2006), 2132-2141. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2006.04.014).
32. Badrana, O., Emeish, S., Abu-Zaid, M., Abu-Rahma, T., Al-Hasan, M. and Al-Ragheb, M., "Impact of emulsified water/diesel mixture on engine performance and environment", International Journal of Thermal & Environmental Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 1, (2011), 1-7. (https://doi.org/10.5383/ijtee.03.01.001).
33. Nadeem, M., Rangkuti, C., Anuar, K., Haq, M.R.U., Tan, I.B. and Shah, S.S., "Diesel engine performance and emission evaluation using emulsified fuels stabilized by conventional and gemini surfactants", Fuel, Vol. 85, No. 14, (2006), 2111-2119. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2006.03.013).
34. Noor El-Din, M.R., El-Hamouly, S.H., Mohamed, H.M., Mishrif, M.R. and Ragab, A.M., "Water-in-diesel fuel nanoemulsions: Preparation, stability and physical properties", Egyptian Journal of Petroleum, Vol. 22, No. 4, (2013), 517-530. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpe.2013.11.006).
35. Sharma, M. and Kaushal, R., "Performance and emission analysis of a dual fuel variable compression ratio (VCR) CI engine utilizing producer gas derived from walnut shells", Energy, Vol. 192, (2020), 116725. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2019.116725).
36. Sayin, C. and Canakci, M., "Effects of injection timing on the engine performance and exhaust emissions of a dual-fuel diesel engine", Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 50, No. 1, (2009), 203-213. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2008.06.007).
37. Alahmer, A., Yamin, J., Sakhrieh, A. and Hamdan, M.A., "Engine performance using emulsified diesel fuel", Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 51, No. 8, (2010), 1708-1713. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2009.11.044).
38. Selim, M.Y.E. and Ghannam, M.T., "Combustion study of stabilized water-in-diesel fuel emulsion", Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects, Vol. 32, No. 3, (2009), 256-274. (https://doi.org/10.1080/15567030802467621).
39. Koc, A.B. and Abdullah, M., "Performance and NOx emissions of a diesel engine fueled with biodiesel-diesel-water nanoemulsions", Fuel Processing Technology, Vol. 109, (2013), 70-77. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuproc.2012.09.039).
40. Selim, M.Y.E. and Ghannam, M.T., "Performance and engine roughness of a diesel engine running on stabilized water diesel emulsion", Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Engines for Automobiles, (2007). (https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-24-0132).
41. Abu-Zaid, M., "Performance of single cylinder, direct injection diesel engine using water fuel emulsions", Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 45, No. 5, (2004), 697-705. (https://doi.org/10.1016/S0196-8904(03)00179-1).
42. Raheman, H. and Kumari, S., "Combustion characteristics and emissions of a compression ignition engine using emulsified jatropha biodiesel blend", Biosystems Engineering, Vol. 123, (2014), 29-39. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biosystemseng.2014.05.001).
43. Lin, C.Y. and Lin, H.A., "Engine performance and emission characteristics of a three-phase emulsion of biodiesel produced by peroxidation", Fuel Processing Technology, Vol. 88, No. 1, (2007), 35-41. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuproc.2006.07.008).
44. Seifi, M.R., Desideri, U., Ghorbani, Z., Antonelli, M., Frigo, S., Hassan-Beygi, S.R. and Ghobadian, B., "Statistical evaluation of the effect of water percentage in water-diesel emulsion on the engine performance and exhaust emission parameters", Energy, Vol. 180, (2019), 797-806. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2019.04.093).
45. Kinoshita, E., Hamasaki, K., Jaqin, C. and Takasaki, K., "Combustion characteristics for diesel engines with emulsified biodiesel without adding emulsifier", Proceedings of 2004 SAE Fuels & Lubricants Meeting & Exhibition, (2004). (https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-1860).
46. Lin, C.Y. and Wang, K.H., "Diesel engine performance and emission characteristics using three-phase emulsions as fuel", Fuel, Vol. 83, No. 4-5, (2004), 537-545. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2003.08.012).
47. Kumar, M.S., Kerihuel, A., Bellettre, J. and Tazerout, M., "Ethanol animal fat emulsions as a diesel engine fuel-Part 2: Engine test analysis", Fuel, Vol. 85, No. 17, (2006), 2646-2652. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2006.05.023).