1. Ieropoulos, I., Greenman, J. and Melhuish, C., "Urine Utilization by Microbial Fuel Cells: Energy Fuel for the Future", Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, Vol. 14, No. 1, (2012), 94-98.
2. Li, J., "An Experimental Study of Microbial Fuel Cells for Electricity Generating: Performance Characterization and Capacity Improvement", Journal of Sustainable Bioenergy Systems, Vol. 3, (2013), 171-178.
3. Logan, B.E., Regan, J.M., "Electricity-producing bacterial communities in microbial fuel cells", Trends in Microbiology, Vol. 14, No. 12, (2006), 512-518.
4. Logan, B.E., "Microbial Fuel Cells", New Jersey: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.; (2008).
5. Jenna, R.J.,"Microbial Fuel Cells in Landfill Applications", A Final Report Prepared for the Environmental Research and Education Foundation Alexandria; (2010).
6. Rabaey, K. and Verstraete, W., "Microbial fuel cells: novel biotechnology for energy generation", Trends in Biotechnology, Vol. 23, (2005), 291-298.
7. Bond, D.R., Holmes, D.E., Tender, L.M. and Lovley, D.R., "Electrode-reducing microorganisms that harvest energy from marine sediments", Science,Vol. 295, (2002), 483-485.
8. Scott, K., Cotlarciuc, I., Hall, D., Lakeman, J.B. and Browning, D., "Power from marine sediment fuel cells: the influence of anode material", Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, Vol. 38, (2008), 1313-1319.
9. Zhang, G., Zhao, Q., Jiao, Y., Wang, K., Lee, D.J. and Ren, N., "Efficient electricity generation from sewage sludge using biocathode microbial fuel cell", Water Research, Vol. 46, (2012), 43-52.
10. Parot, S., Delia, M.L. and Bergel, A., "Forming electrochemically active biofilm from garden compost under chro-noamperometry", Bioresource Technology, Vol. 99, (2008), 4809-4816.
11. Yokoyama, H., Ohmori, H., Ishida, M., Waki, M. and Tanaka Y., "Treatment of cow-waste slurry by a microbial fuel cell and the properties of the treated slurry as liquid manure", Animal Science journal, Vol. 77, (2006), 634-638.
12. Muler, A.I.C., Effect of experimental parameters on the voltage output of a sediment microbial fuel cell. A thesis submitted to the school of Science and Engineering, Reykjavik University in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science in Sustainable Energy Engineering. Retrieved on 14th of October, 2016 from http://skemman.is/ stream/get/ 1946/23799/52528/1/MSc_Thesis_2015.
13. Hossein, J.M., Amir, H.M., Ahmad, J.J., Mohammad, M.A. and Ahmad, R.N.K., "Bioelectricity generation using two chamber microbial fuel cell treating wastewater from food processing", Enzyme and Microbial Technology, Vol. 52, (2013), 352- 357.
14. Hossein, J.M., Amir, H.M., Ahmad, J.J. and Narges, K., "Evaluation of dairy industry wastewater treatment and simultaneous bioelectricity generation in a catalyst-less and mediator-less membrane microbial fuel cell", Journal of Saudi Chemical Society, Vol. 20, (2016), 88-100.
15. Bond, D.R. and Lovley, D.R., "Electricity production by Geobacter sulfurreducens attached to electrodes", Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Vol. 69, (2003), 1548.
16. Du, Z., Li, H. and Gu, T., "A State of the Art Review on Microbial Fuel Cells: A Promising Technology for Wastewater Treatment and Bioenergy", Biotechnology Advances, Vol. 25, No. 5, (2007), 464-482.
17. Samuel, R.B., Jebakumar, S.R.D., Prathipa, R. and Anis, K.M., "Production of Electricity from Agricultural Soil and Dye Industrial Effluent Soil Using Microbial Fuel Cell", International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology,Vol. 2, No. 10, (2013), 140-148.
18. Deng, H., Wu, Y.C., Zhang, F., Huang, Z.C., Chen, Z., Xu, H.J. and Zhao, F., "Factors affecting the performance of single-chamber soil microbial fuel cells for power generation", Pedosphere, Vol. 24, No. 3, (2014), 330-338.
19. Whitman, W.B., Coleman, D.C., Wiebe, W.J., "Pro-karyotes: the unseen majority", Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 95, (1998), 6578-6583.
20. Bot, A. and Benites, J., "The Importance of Soil Organic Matter: key to drought-resistant soil and sustained food production", FAO Soils Bulletins, Vol. 94, (2005), .
21. Science Buddies Staff. Powered by Pee: Using Urine in a Microbial Fuel Cell. (2014), Retrieved from http://www.sciencebuddies.org/science on 29th of May, 2015.
22. Ashley, E.F. and Kelly, P.N., "Microbial Fuel Cells: A Current Review", Energies,Vol. 3, (2010), 899-919.
23. Wikimedia Commons, 2010. Microbial Fuel Cells. Retrieved from wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbialfuel on 11th of April, 2015.
24. Krishna, P.K., Keith, S., Ian, M.H., Cristian, P.C. and Tom, P.C., Microbial fuel cells meet with external resistance, Bioresource Technology, Vol. 102, (2011), 2758–2766.
25. Lyon, D.Y., Buret, F., Vogel, T.M. and Monier, J.M.. "Is resistance futile? Changing external resistance does not improve microbial fuel cell performance", Bioelectrochemistry, Vol. 78, (2010), 2-7.
26. Logan, B.E., Aelterman, P., Hamelers, B., Rozendal, R., Schroder, U., Keller, J, Ofreguia, S., Aelterman, P., Verstraete, W. and Rabaey, K., "Microbial fuel cells: Methodology and technology", Environmental Science Technology, Vol. 40, No. 17, (2006), 5181–5192.
27. Min, W., Zhenhua, Y., Baoxu, H., Jinsheng, Z. and Renmin, L.. "Electricity generation by microbial fuel cells fuelled with Enteromorphaprolifera hydrolysis", International journal of Electrochemical Science, Vol. 8, (2013), 2104 – 2111.
28. Pinto, R.P., Srinivasan, B., Guiot, S.R. and Tartakovsky, B.. "The Effect of Real-Time External Resistance Optimization on Microbial Fuel Cell Performance", Water Resources, Vol. 45, (2011), 1571-1578.
29. Yazdi, H.R., Christy, A.D., Carver, S.M. and Yu, Z., "Dehority BA, and Tuovinen OH. Effect of external resistance on bacterial diversity and metabolism in cellulose-fed microbial fuel cells", Bioresource Technology, Vol. 102, (2011), 278-283.
30. Najafgholi, M., Rahimnejad, M. and Najafpour, G., "Effect of Electrolyte Conductivity and Aeration on Performance of Sediment Microbial Fuel Cell", Journal of Renewable Energy and Environment, Vol. 2, No. 1, (2015), 49-55.
31. Wardle, D.A., "A comparative-assessment of factors which influence microbial biomass carbon and nitrogen levels in soil", Biological Reviews of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, Vol. 67, (1992), 321–358.
32. Watson, V.J. and Logan, B.E., "Power Production in MFCs Inoculated with Shewanella oneidensis MR-1 or Mixed Cultures", Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 105, No. 3, (2010), 489-498.