1. Natural Resources Canada, "Energy efficiency trends in Canada 1990 to 2013", Minister of Natural Resources, Canada, (2016).
2. Davis, M., Ahiduzzaman, M. and Kumar, A., "Mapping Canadian energy flow from primary fuel to end use", Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 156, (2018), 178-191. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2017.11.012).
3. Environment Canada, "Canada’s emissions trends", Gatineau QC: Minister of the Environment Canada, (2014).
4. Jiang, K.J., Tamura, K. and Hanaoka, T., "Can we go beyond INDCs: Analysis of a future mitigation possibility in China, Japan, EU and the US", Advances in Climate Change Research, Vol. 8, No. 2, (2017), 117-122. (https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.accre.2017.05.005).
5. Ensing, D. and Snoddon, T., "Canada’s climate policy: promises, expectations and practicalities", Laurier Center for Economic Research & Policy Analysis (LCERPA), Canada, (2016).
6. Karunathilake, H., Hewage, K. and Sadiq, R., "Opportunities and challenges in energy demand reduction for Canadian residential sector: a review", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 82, No. 3, (2017), 2005-2016. (https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.rser.2017.07.021).
7. Buker, M.S. and Riffat, S.B., "Building integrated solar thermal collectors: A review", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 51, (2015), 327-346. (https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.rser.2015.06.009).
8. Bouhal, T., Agrouaz, Y., Allouhi, A., Kousksou, T., Jamil, A., El Rhafiki, T. and Zeraouli, Y., "Impact of load profile and collector technology on the fractional savings of solar domestic water heaters under various climatic conditions", International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Vol. 42, No. 18, (2017), 13245-13258. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2017.03.226).
9. Aguilar, C., White, D.J. and Ryan, D.L., "Domestic water heating and water heater energy consumption in Canada", Canadian Building Energy End-Use Data and Analysis Centre, (2005).
10. Biaou, A.L. and Bernier, M., "Domestic hot water heating in zero net energy homes", Proceedings of 9th International IBPSA Conference, Montreal, Quebec, (2005), 63-70.
11. Fung, A.S. and Gill, G., "Energy and environmental analysis of residential hot water systems: A study for Ontario, Canada", ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 117, No. 2, (2011), 506-520.
12. Picard, D., Bernier, M. and Charneux, R., "Domestic hot water production in a net zero energy triplex in Montreal", Proceedings of 2nd Canadian Solar Buildings Conference, Calgary, (2007), 1–8.
13. Sint, N.K.C., Choudhury, I.A., Masjuki, H.H. and Aoyama, H., "Theoretical analysis to determine the efficiency of a CuO-water nanofluid based-flat plate solar collector for domestic solar water heating system in Myanmar", Solar Energy, Vol. 155, (2017), 608-619. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2017.06.055).
14. Hobbi, A. and Siddiqui, K., "Optimal design of a forced circulation solar water heating system for a residential unit in cold climate using TRNSYS", Solar Energy, Vol. 83, No. 5, (2009), 700-714. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2008.10.018).
15. Moreau, A. and Laurencelle, F., "Field study of solar domestic water heaters in Quebec", Energy Procedia, Vol. 30, (2012), 1331-1338. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2012.11.146).
16. Tanha, K., Fung, A.S. and Kumar, R., "Performance of two domestic solar water heaters with drain water heat recovery units: Simulation and experimental investigation", Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 90, (2015), 444-459. (https://doi.org /10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2015.07.038).
17. Nikoofard, S., Ugursal, V.I. and Beausoleil-Morrison, I., "An investigation of the technoeconomic feasibility of solar domestic hot water heating for the Canadian housing stock", Solar Energy, Vol. 101, (2014), 308-320. (https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.solener.2014.01.001).
18. Edwards, S., Beausoleil-Morrison, I. and Laperrière, A., "Representative hot water draw profiles at high temporal resolution for simulating the performance of solar thermal systems", Solar Energy, Vol. 111, (2015), 43-52. (https://doi.org /10.1016/j.solener.2014.10.026).
19. Semple, L.M., Carriveau, R., and Ting, D.S., "Potential for large-scale solar collector system to offset carbon-based heating in the Ontario greenhouse sector", International Journal of Sustainable Energy, Vol. 37, No. 4, (2018), 378-392. (https://doi.org/10.1080/14786451.2016.1270946).
20. Ghorab, M., Entchev, E. and Yang, L., "Inclusive analysis and performance evaluation of solar domestic hot water system :A case study", Alexandria Engineering Journal, Vol. 56, No. 2, (2017), 201-212. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aej.2017.01.033).
21. Narwal, K., Kempers, R., and O'Brien, P.G., "Adsorbent-adsorbate pairs for solar thermal energy storage in residential heating applications: A comparative study", Proceedings of The Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering International Congress 2018, Toronto, Canada, (2018).
22. McNally, J., Baldwin, C. and Cruickshank, C.A., "Using adsorption cooling and thermal solar collection for residential cooling applications in Canada", Proceedings of the ASME 2018, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, (2018).
23. Rahmatmand, A., Harrison, S.J. and Oosthuizen, P.H., "Evaluation of removing snow and ice from photovoltaic-thermal (PV/T) panels by circulating hot water", Solar Energy, Vol. 179, (2019), 226-235. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener. 2018.12.053).
24. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), “Country comparison: Population", The world factbook, (2017).
25. ITC Immigration and Employment Services, About Canada, http://www.itc-canada.com/About_Canada.htm.
26. Natural Resources Canada, "Energy markets fact book 2014–2015", Minister of Natural Resources, Canada, (2014).
27. Barrington-Leigh, C. and Ouliaris, M., "The renewable energy landscape in Canada: A spatial analysis", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 75, (2017), 809-819. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2016.11.061).
28. Natural Resources Canada, "Solar Thermal", Canada, (2018).
29. The Solar Design Company, T*SOL Software, https://www.solardesign.co.uk/tsol.php.
30. Valentin Software, T*SOL® Pro Version 5.5: Design and simulation of thermal solar systems, https://www.valentin-software.com/sites/default/files/downloads/handbuecher/en/tsol-pro-manual-en.pdf.
31. Reindl, D.T., Beckman, W.A. and Duffie, J.A., "Diffuse fraction correlations", Solar Energy, Vol. 45, No. 1, (1990), 1-7. (https://doi.org/10.1016/0038-092X(90)90060-P).
32. Kumar, B.S. and Sudhakar, K., "Performance evaluation of 10 MW grid connected solar photovoltaic power plant in India", Energy Reports, Vol. 1, (2015), 184-192. (https://doi.org/ 10.1016/j.egyr.2015.10.001).
33. Pahlavan, S., Jahangiri, M., Alidadi Shamsabadi, A. and Khechekhouche, A., "Feasibility study of solar water heaters in Algeria: A review", Journal of Solar Energy Research, Vol. 3, No. 2, (2018), 135-146.