1. Allouhi, A., El Fouih, Y., Kousksou, T., Jamil, A., Zeraouli, Y. and Mourad, Y., "Energy consumption and efficiency in buildings: current status and future trends", Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 109, (2015), 118-130. (DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.05.139).
2. Aksoezen, M., Daniel, M., Hassler, U. and Kohler, N., "Building age as an indicator for energy consumption", Energy and Buildings, Vol. 87, (2015), 74-86. (DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2014.10.074).
3. Longo, S., Palomba, V., Beccali, M., Cellura, M. and Vasta, S., "Energy balance and life cycle assessment of small size residential solar heating and cooling systems equipped with adsorption chillers", Solar Energy, Vol. 158, (2017), 543-558. (DOI: 10.1016/j.solener. 2017.10.009).
4. Balaras, C.A., Gaglia, A.G., Georgopoulou, E., Mirasgedis, S., Sarafidis, Y. and Lalas, D.P., "European residential buildings and empirical assessment of the Hellenic building stock, energy consumption, emissions and potential energy savings", Building and Environment, Vol. 42, No. 3, (2007), 1298-1314. (DOI: 10.1016/ j.buildenv.2005.11.001).
5. D’Oca, S., Hong, T. and Langevin, J., "The human dimensions of energy use in buildings: A review", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 81, (2018), 731-742. (DOI: 10.1016/ j.rser.2017.08.019).
6. Pérez-Lombard, L., Ortiz, J. and Pout, C., "A review on buildings energy consumption information", Energy and Buildings, Vol. 40, (2008), 394-398. (DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2007.03.007).
7. Manning, M.M., Swinton, M.C., Szadkowski, F., Gusdorf, J. and Ruest, K., "The effects of thermostat set-back and set-up on seasonal energy consumption, surface temperatures and recovery times at the CCHT Twin House Facility", ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 113, (2007), 630-642.
8. Moon, J.W. and Han, S.H., "Thermostat strategies impact on energy consumption in residential buildings", Energy and Buildings, Vol. 43, No. 3, (2011), 338-346. (DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2010.09.024).
9. Pritoni, M., Meier, A.K., Aragon, C.D., Perry, C. and Peffer, T., "Energy efficiency and the misuse of programmable thermostats: The effectiveness of crowdsourcing for understanding household behavior", Energy Research & Social Science, Vol. 8, (2015), 190-197. (DOI: 10.1016/j.erss.2015.06.002).
10. Mauri, L., Carnielo, E. and Basilicata, C., "Assessment of the impact of a centralized heating system equipped with programmable thermostatic valves on building energy demand", Energy Procedia, Vol. 101, (2016), 1042-1049. (DOI: 10.1016/j.egypro.2016.11.132).
11. Cholewa, T., Siuta-Olcha, A. and Balaras, C.A., "Actual energy savings from the use of thermostatic radiator valves in residential buildings-Long term field evaluation", Energy and Buildings, Vol. 151, (2017), 487-493. (DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2017.06.070).
12. Monetti, V., Fabrizio, E. and Filippi, M., "Impact of low investment strategies for space heating control: Application of thermostatic radiators valves to an old residential building", Energy and Buildings, Vol. 95, (2015), 202-210. (DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2015.01.001).
13. Hong, T., Taylor-Lange, S.C., D’Oca, S., Yan, D. and Corgnati, S.P., "Advances in research and applications of energy-related occupant behavior in buildings", Energy and Buildings, Vol. 116, (2016), 694-702. (DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2015.11.052).
14. Yang, R. and Wang, L., "Development of multi-agent system for building energy and comfort management based on occupant behaviors", Energy and Buildings, Vol. 56, (2013), 1-7. (DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2012.10.025).
15. Nguyen, T.A. and Aiello, M., "Energy intelligent buildings based on user activity: A survey", Energy and Buildings, Vol. 56, (2013), 244-257. (DOI: 10.1016/j.enbuild.2012.09.005).