Document Type : Research Article
Department of Electrical Engineering, Cheng Shiu University, 83347, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, China.
College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, National Kaohsiung University of Science and Technology, 811 Kaohsiung City, Taiwan, China.
c Department of Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering, University of Sharjah, PO Box 27272, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Energy Research Center, Shahrekord Branch, Islamic Azad University, Shahrekord, Iran.
Young Researchers and Elite Club, Germi Branch, Islamic Azad University, 5651763764 Germi, Iran.
The optimal combination of distributed generation units in recent years has been designed to improve the reliability of distributed generation systems as well as to reduce losses in electrical distribution systems. In this research, the improved Genetic Algorithm has been proposed as a powerful optimization algorithm for optimizing problem variables. The objective function of this paper includes power loss reduction, hybrid system reliability, voltage profile, optimal size of distributed generation unit and finally improvement of the construction cost of combined wind and solar power plants. Therefore, the problem variables are subject to reliable load supply and the lowest possible cost during the optimization process. In order to achieve this goal in this study, the IEEE standard 30-bus network is examined. The results of the system simulation show the reduction of total system losses after DG installation compared to the state without DG and the improvement of other variable values in this network. This loss index after installing DG in the desired bus has a reduction of about 200 kWh during the year and has a value equals to 126.42 kWh per year.
- Adebayo, T.S., Coelho, M.F., Onbaşıoğlu, D.Ç., Rjoub, H., Mata, M.N., Carvalho, P.V., Rita, J.X. and Adeshola, I., "Modeling the dynamic linkage between renewable energy consumption, globalization, and environmental degradation in South Korea: does technological innovation matter?" Energies, vol. 14, no. 14, (2021), 4265. (https://doi.org/10.3390/en14144265).
- Khosravi, A., Malekan, M., Pabon, J.J.G., Zhao, X., and Assad, M. E. H., "Design parameter modelling of solar power tower system using adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system optimized with a combination of genetic algorithm and teaching learning-based optimization algorithm." Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 244, (2020), 118904. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.1189 ).
- Alayi, R., Zishan, F., Mohkam, M., Hoseinzadeh, S., Memon, S., and Garcia, D.A., "A sustainable energy distribution configuration for microgrids integrated to the national grid using back-to-back converters in a renewable power system." Electronics, vol. 10, no. 15, (2021), 1826. (https://doi.org/10.3390/electronics10151826).
-  El Haj Assad, M., Ahmadi, M.H., Sadeghzadeh, M., Yassin, A., and Issakhov, A., "Renewable hybrid energy systems using geothermal energy: hybrid solar thermal–geothermal power plant." International Journal of Low-Carbon Technologies, vol. 16, no. 2, (2021), 518-530. (https://doi.org/10.1093/ijlct/ctaa084).
- Sina, M.A., and Adeel, M.A., "Assessment of stand-alone photovoltaic system and mini-grid solar system as solutions to electrification of remote villages in Afghanistan." International Journal of Innovative Research and Scientific Studies, vol. 4, no. 2, (2021), 92–99. (https://doi.org/10.53894/ijirss.v4i2.62).
- 6. Adewole, B.Z., Malomo, B.O., Olatunji, O.P., and Ikobayo, A.O., "Simulation and Experimental Verification of Electrical Power Output of a Microcontroller Based Solar Tracking Photovoltaic Module." International Journal of Sustainable Energy and Environmental Research, vol. 9, no. 1, (2020), 34-45. (https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.13.2020.91.34.45).
- Adebayo, T.S., Rjoub, H., Akinsola, G.D., and Oladipupo, S.D., "The asymmetric effects of renewable energy consumption and trade openness on carbon emissions in Sweden: new evidence from quantile-on-quantile regression approach." Environmental Science and Pollution Research, (2021), 1-12. (https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-021-15706-4).
- 8. Ghalandari, M., Ziamolki, A., Mosavi, A., Shamshirband, S., Chau, K. W., and Bornassi, S., "Aeromechanical optimization of first row compressor test stand blades using a hybrid machine learning model of genetic algorithm, artificial neural networks and design of experiments." Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics, vol. 13, no. 1, (2019), 892-904. (https://doi.org/10.1080/19942060.2019.1649196).
- 9. Alayi, R., Zishan, F., Seyednouri, S.R., Kumar, R., Ahmadi, M.H., and Sharifpur, M., "Optimal load frequency control of island microgrids via a PID controller in the presence of wind turbine and PV." Sustainability, vol. 13, no. 19, (2021), 10728. (https://doi.org/10.3390/su131910728).
- 10. Kefif, N., Melzi, B., Hashemian, M., Assad, M.E.H., and Hoseinzadeh, S., "Feasibility and optimal operation of micro energy hybrid system (hydro/wind) in the rural valley region." International Journal of Low-Carbon Technologies, vol. 17, (2022), 58-68. (https://doi.org/10.1093/ijlct/ctab081).
- 11. Mostafaeipour, A., Saidi Mehrabad, M., Qolipour, M., Basirati, M., Rezaei, M., and Golmohammadi, A.M., "Ranking locations based on hydrogen production from geothermal in Iran using the Fuzzy Moora hybrid approach and expanded entropy weighting method." Journal of Renewable Energy and Environment, vol. 4, no. 4, (2017), 9-21. (https://dx.doi.org/10.30501/jree.2017.88328).
- 12. Hsu, C.C., Zhang, Y., Ch, P., Aqdas, R., Chupradit, S., and Nawaz, A., "A step towards sustainable environment in China: The role of eco-innovation renewable energy and environmental taxes." Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 299, (2021), 113609. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2021.113609).
- 13. AlShabi, M., Ghenai, C., Bettayeb, M., Ahmad, F.F., and El Haj Assad, M., "Multi-group grey wolf optimizer (MG-GWO) for estimating photovoltaic solar cell model."Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, vol. 144, no. 5, (2021), 1655-1670. (https://doi.org/10.1007/s10973-020-09895-2).
- 14. Mughal, N., Arif, A., Jain, V., Chupradit, S., Shabbir, M.S., Ramos-Meza, C.S., and Zhanbayev, R., "The role of technological innovation in environmental pollution, energy consumption and sustainable economic growth: Evidence from South Asian economies." Energy Strategy Reviews, vol. 39, (2022), 100745. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.esr.2021.100745).
- 15. Fu, L., Liu, B., Meng, K., and Dong, Z.Y., "Optimal restoration of an unbalanced distribution system into multiple microgrids considering three-phase demand-side management." IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 36, no. 2, (2020), 1350-1361. (https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2020.3015384).
- 16. Makkiabadi, M., Hoseinzadeh, S., Mohammadi, M., Nowdeh, S.A., Bayati, S., Jafaraghaei, U., Mirkiai, S.M., and Assad, M., "Energy feasibility of hybrid PV/wind systems with electricity generation assessment under Iran environment." Applied Solar Energy, vol. 56, no. 6, (2020), 517-525. (https://doi.org/10.3103/S0003701X20060079).
- 17. Abbas, A. S., El-Sehiemy, R.A., El-Ela, A., Ali, E.S., Mahmoud, K., Lehtonen, M., and Darwish, M.M., "Optimal Harmonic Mitigation in Distribution Systems with Inverter Based Distributed Generation." Applied Sciences, vol. 11, no. 2, (2021), 774. (https://doi.org/10.3390/app11020774).
- 18. Marquez Alcaide, A., Monopoli, V.G., Wang, X., Leon, J.I., Buticchi, G., Vazquez, S., Liserre, M., and Franquelo, L.G., "Common-Mode Voltage Harmonic Reduction in Variable Speed Drives Applying a Variable-Angle Carrier Phase-Displacement PWM Method." Energies, vol. 14, no. 10, (2021), 2929. ( https://doi.org/10.3390/en14102929).
- 19. Liu, Y., Xu, W., Long, T., and Blaabjerg, F., "An improved rotor speed observer for standalone brushless doubly-fed induction generator under unbalanced and nonlinear loads." IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 35, no. 1, (2019), 775-788. (https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2019.2915360).
- 20. Manito, A., Bezerra, U., Tostes, M., Matos, E., Carvalho, C., and Soares, T., "Evaluating Harmonic Distortions on Grid Voltages Due to Multiple Nonlinear Loads Using Artificial Neural Networks." Energies, vol. 11, no. 12, (2018), 3303. (https://doi.org/10.3390/en11123303).
- 21. Norozpour Niazi, A., Vasegh, N., and Motie Birjandi, A.A., "To study unplanned islanding transient response of microgrid by implementing MSOG and SRF‐PLL based hierarchical control in the presence of non‐linear loads." IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 14, no. 5, (2020), 881-890. (https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-rpg.2019.0506).
- 22. Laffont, A., Pascaud, R., Callegari, T., Liard, L., Pascal, O., and Adam, J.P., "A harmonic oscillator model to study the intensification of microwave radiation by a subwavelength uniform plasma discharge." Physics of Plasmas, vol. 28, no. 3, (2021), 033503. (https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0038640).
- 23. Pan, C., and Su, H., "Research on excitation current and vibration characteristics of DC biased transformer." CSEE Journal of Power and Energy Systems, (2019). (https://doi.org/10.17775/CSEEJPES.2019.00410).
- 24. Jamali-Abnavi, A., Hashemi-Dezaki, H., Ahmadi, A., Mahdavimanesh, E., and Tavakoli, M.J., "Harmonic-based thermal analysis of electric arc furnace's power cables considering even current harmonics, forced convection, operational scheduling, and environmental conditions." International Journal of Thermal Sciences, vol. 170, (2021), 107135. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijthermalsci.2021.107135).
- 25. Hemmati, M., Mohammadi-Ivatloo, B., Abapour, M., and Anvari-Moghaddam, A., "Optimal chance-constrained scheduling of reconfigurable microgrids considering islanding operation constraints." IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 14, no. 4, (2020), 5340-5349. (https://doi.org/10.1109/JSYST.2020.2964637).
- 26. Das, C.K., Bass, O., Kothapalli, G., Mahmoud, T.S., and Habibi, D., "Overview of energy storage systems in distribution networks: Placement, sizing, operation, and power quality." Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 91, (2018), 1205-1230. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2018.03.068).
- 27. Narimani, M., and Hosseinian, H., "Investigation of harmonic effects in locational marginal pricing and developing a framework for LMP calculation." Scientia Iranica, (2020). (https://dx.doi.org/10.24200/sci.2020.54477.3776).
- 28. Das, T.K., and Chatterjee, S., "Multi‐spurious harmonics suppression in folded hairpin line bandpass filter by meander spur‐line." International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer‐Aided Engineering, vol. 31, no. 11, (2021), e22858. (https://doi.org/10.1002/mmce.22858).
- 29. Gu, Z., Malik, H.A., Chupradit, S., Albasher, G., Borisov, V., and Murtaza, N., "Green supply chain management with sustainable economic growth by CS-ARDL technique: perspective to blockchain technology." Frontiers in Public Health, 2391. (https://doi.org/10.3389%2Ffpubh.2021.818614).
- 30. Alayi, R., Jahangiri, M., Guerrero, J.W.G., Akhmadeev, R., Shichiyakh, R.A., and Zanghaneh, S.A., "Modelling and reviewing the reliability and multi-objective optimization of wind-turbine system and photovoltaic panel with intelligent algorithms." Clean Energy, vol. 5, no. 4, (2021), 713-730. (https://doi.org/10.1093/ce/zkab041).