Document Type : Research Article
Department of Planning and support ,Administration standard of Hormozgan , Iranain National Standard Organization , P. O. Box: 7919716839, Bandar Abbas, Iran.
In this study, besides examining the conditions in the coastal region of Bandar Abbas, the feasibility of using Archimedes torsional turbines to produce renewable energy in this region was studied via field measurement and numerical simulation. Through field study and environmental conditions, depth, and amount of vessel traffic were measured. Then,the safe depth was calculated. Through field measurement of the current pattern, effective parameters such as salinity, electrical conductivity, and density were measured and in order to develop the results using numerical simulation with ROMS numerical model, the hydrodynamic pattern of the current for the desired area was formed. After reviewing the results through SOLVER program and linear programming method and creating effective constraints in field monitoring, The optimal energy efficiency of Archimedes torsional was turbines investigated for different incline relative to beneath and angular velocities. The results of the research and simulation demonstrated that changing the tilt of the vertical axis of the turbine between the angles of 5 degrees and 15 degrees would lead to a change in the efficiency of the Archimedes turbine. The optimal efficiency value, 75%, was at an angle of 15 degrees, and a turbine rotation speed of 150 rpm is the highest efficiency. This is an acceptable result considering the low slope of the studied area.
- Sumino Co. Ltd. Japan. Spiral Hydraulic Power Unit ‘PicoPica’; Ena: Gifu, Japan, 20”.( ne: http://www.unido.or.jp/
- Borah S.,Chowdhury B, Gogoi S, Askary Z,” A Theoretical Study of Design Parameters of an Archimedean Screw Turbine” Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering (JMSME), Volume 2, Issue 14; October-December, (2015) pp. 32-34.( https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjJ4_CBjKD4AhUZPwKHSWxAN8QFnoECAQQAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.energiazero.org%2Fidroelettrico%2Farchimede%2FArchimedean%2520Screw%2520Turbine.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1tqZnXx3b2X1ZDbmLfsKT-).
- Saroinsong, R.Soenoko,S.Wahyudi, M.N.Sasongko,” PERFORMANCE OF THREE-BLADED ARCHIMEDES SCREW TURBINE”, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, VOL. 11, NO. 15, AUGUST (2016),pp,91-95.( https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Tineke-Saroinsong/publication/307568262_Performance_of_threebladed_Archimedes_screw_turbine/links/58d380b7458515e6d900d7bd/Performance-of-three-bladed-Archimedes-screw-turbine.pdf?origin=publication_detail).
- Seif M ,Souri. A, "Feasibility Study of Sea Wave Energy Extraction", National Conference on Renewable, Clean and Efficient Energy, (2016).( https://civilica.com/doc/558789).
- Zabihian. F, "Evaluation of the energy of the Iranian sea waves and construction and testing of a model for the extraction of this energy", 19th International Conference on Electricity, 2004.( https://civilica.com/doc/20816/).
- Katabdari.M.J, Ahmadi.M.E, "Feasibility study of energy absorption from sea waves in the southern coasts of Iran with the help of numerical modeling", Quarterly Journal of Marine Science and Technology, Volume 25, Number 60, Winter (2011),pp.20-29. ( https://civilica.com/doc/27315).
- U, Singh.P, Tiwari,.A.C” Suitability of Archimedes Screws for Micro Hydro Power Generation in India”, International Journal of Thermal Technologies, (2016) Vol.6, No.3,pp. 273-278.( https://inpressco.com/suitability-of-archimedes-screws-for-micro-hydro-power-generation-in-india/).
- A.N, Ammar.N.M.M, Kulthum.J.U,” The effect of substantive parameters on the efficiency of Archimedes screw microhydro power: a review”, 3rd International Conference of Mechanical Engineering Research (ICMER 2015).( https://www.researchgate.net/publication/287968945_The_effect_of_substantive_parameters_on_the_efficiency_of_Archimedes_screw_microhydro_power_a_review/fulltext/56e5d42908ae68afa112b455/The-effect-of-substantive-parameters-on-the-efficiency-of-Archimedes-screw-microhydro-power-a-review.pdf?origin=publication_detail).
- A, Lubitz.W.D,” Archimedes Screw Turbines: A Sustainable Development Solution for Green and Renewable Energy Generation—A Review of Potential and Design Procedures”, sustainability, (2020), 12(18), 7352.(https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/sustainability/sustainability-12-07352/article_deploy/sustainability-12-07352-v2.pdf?version=1599719761).
- Borah S.,Chowdhury B, Gogoi S, Askary Z,” A Theoretical Study of Design Parameters of an Archimedean Screw Turbine” Journal of Material Science and Mechanical Engineering (JMSME), Volume 2, Issue 14; October-December, (2015) pp. 32-34.( https://www.scirp.org/(S(lz5mqp453ed%20snp55rrgjct55))/reference/referencespapers.aspx?referenceid=2846175).
- D.S, Wagner.C.R, Rehmel.M.S, Oberg.K.A, Rainville.F.(2013), Book3,application of hydrodynamic , Measuring Discharge with Acoustic Doppler Current.( https://pubs.usgs.gov/tm/3a22/pdf/tm3a22_lowres.pdf).
- Zarezadeh, M.Rahbani.S. Hamzeei, M.Khosravi, “Investigating the effect of Nakhle Nakhoda pier construction on current pattern and turbidity in the region”, Journal of HydrophysicsVol7,/issue1, (2021) pp47-58 DOI https://dorl.net/dor/20.1001.1.24767131.1400.7.1.4.5.