Document Type : Research Article
Smart Microgrid Research Center, Najafabad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Najafabad, Iran.
Department of Electrical Engineering, Najafabad Branch, Islamic Azad University, Najafabad, Iran
The sustainability of hydraulic turbines was one of the most important issues considered by electrical energy provider experts. Increased electromechanical oscillation damping is one of the key issues in the turbines sustainability. Electromechanical oscillations, if not quickly damp, can threaten the stability of hydraulic turbines and causes the separation of different parts of the network form each other, specifically ejecting the generators from the turbine. In this paper, a Round-robin scheduling algorithm was used based on a neural network and simulations were investigated by several methods. Thus, using the designed Round-robin scheduling algorithm, we can find three parameters simultaneously. So optimal outputs can determine by these three parameters, which would be investigated as the optimal output range. In other words, besides using other algorithms capability, it can eliminate some of their disadvantages. The Round-robin scheduling algorithm is more suitable for large and extensive systems, due to reducing the number input variables and have a non-linear and resistant structure at the same time, This algorithm can actually use for optimizing any other controlling methods.
- Faiza, J., Hakimi-Tehrani, A., Shahgholian, G. and Takbash, A.M., "Speed control of wind turbine through pitch control using different control techniques", Journal of Renewable Energy and Environment, Vol. 3, No. 2, (Spring 2016), 15-24.
- Hosseini, E. and Shahgholian, G., "Output power levelling for DFIG wind turbine system using intelligent pitch angle control", Automatika, Vol. 58, No. 4, (2017), 363-374. (doi: 10.1080/ 00051144.2018.1455017).
- Jain, H., Broadwater, R.P., Dilek, M.and Bank, J., "Studying the impact of solar PV on power system dynamics using integrated transmission and distribution network models", Journal of Energy Engineering, Vol. 144, No. 1, (Feb. 2018).
- Golshannavaz, S.and Nazarpour, D., "Multi attribute investment planning of a grid-connected diesel/wind/PV/battery hybrid energy system", Journal of Renewable Energy and Environment, Vol. 1, No. 1, (Dec. 2014), 43-52.
- Xu, B., Chen, D., Zhang, H., Wang, F., Zhang, X. and Y. Wu, "Hamiltonian model and dynamic analyses for a hydro-turbine governing system with fractional item and time-lag", Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, Vol. 47, (June 2017), 35-47. (doi:10.1016/j.cnsns. 2016.11.006).
- Khani, K. and Shahgholian, G., "Analysis and optimization of frequency control in isolated microgrid with double-fed induction-generators based wind turbine", Journal of International Council on Electrical Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 1, (Feb. 2019), 24-37. (doi: 10.1080/22348972.2018. 1564547).
- Chatthaworn, R. and Chaitusaney, S., "Improving method of robust transmission network expansion planning considering intermittent renewable energy generation and loads", IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 9, No. 13, (Sep. 2015), 1621-1627. (doi: 10.1049/iet-gtd.2015.0363).
- Jafari, A. and Shahgholian, G., "Analysis and simulation of a sliding mode controller for mechanical part of a doubly-fed induction generator based wind turbine", IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 11, No. 10, (July 2017), 2677-2688. (doi:10.1049/iet-gtd.2016.1969).
- Shahgholian, G., "Modelling and simulation of low-head hydro turbine for small signal stability analysis in power system", Journal of Renewable Energy and Environment, Vol. 3, No. 3, (Summer 2016), 11-20.
- Shahgholian, G., "PID controller design for load-frequency control in power system with hydro-turbine includes transient droop compensation", Dam and Hedroelectric Powerplant, Vol. 2, No. 5, (2015), 50-64.
- Bhattacharya, K., Kothari, M.L. and Nanda, J, "Design of discrete-mode variable structure power system stabilizers", International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol. 17, No. 6, (December 1995), 399-406. (doi:10.1016/0142-0615(94)00010-7).
- Chen, D., Ding, C., Ma, X., Yuan, P. and Ba, D., "Nonlinear dynamic analysis of hydro-turbine governing system with a surge tank", Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol. 37, No. 14-15, (2013), 7611-7623. (doi:10.1016/j.enconman. 2014.11.020).
- Li, C., Zhou, J., Xiao, J. and Xiao, H., "Hydraulic turbine governing system identification using T–S fuzzy model optimized by chaotic gravitational search algorithm", Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 26, No. 9, (Oct. 2013), 2073–2082. (doi:10.1016/j.engappai. 2013.04.002).
- Jiang, C., Ma, Y. and Wang, C., "PID controller parameters optimization of hydro-turbine governing systems using deterministic-chaotic-mutation evolutionary programming (DCMEP)", Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 47, No. 9-10, (June 2006), 1222-1230. (doi:10.1016/j. enconman. 2005.07.009).
- Xu, B., Wang, F., Chen, D. and Zhang, H., "Hamiltonian modelling of multi-hydro-turbine governing systems with sharing common penstock and dynamic analyses under shock load", Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 108, (Jan. 2016), 478–487. (doi: 10.1016/j.enconman.2015.11.032).
- Ling, D. and Tao, Y., "An analysis of the Hopf bifurcation in a hydro turbine governing system with saturation", IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol. 21, No. 2, (June 2006), 512-515. (doi:10.1109/TEC.2005.860407).
- Li, C., Chang, L., Huang, Z., Liu, Y.and Zhang, N., "Parameter identification of a nonlinear model of hydraulic turbine governing system with an elastic water hammer based on a modified gravitational search algorithm", Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 50, (April 2016), 177–191. (doi:10.1016/j.engappai.2015.12.016).
- Yu, X., Zhang, J., Fan, C. and Chen, S., "Stability analysis of governor-turbine-hydraulic system by state space method and graph theory", Energy, Vol. 114, (Nov. 2016), 613–622. (doi:10.1016/j.energy.2016.07.164).
- Yuan, X., Chen, Z., Yuan, Y., Huang, Y., Li, X. and Li, W., "Sliding mode controller of hydraulic generator regulating system based on the input/output feedback linearization method", Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, Vol. 119, , (Jan. 2016), 18–34. (doi:10.1016/j.matcom.2015.08.020).
- Chen, Z., Yuan, Y., Yuan, X., Huang, Y., Li, X. and Li, W., "Application of multi-objective controller to optimal tuning of PID gains for a hydraulic turbine regulating system using adaptive grid particle swam optimization", ISA Transactions, Vol. 56, (May 2015), 173–187. (doi:10.1016/j.isatra. 2014.11.003).
- Li, J. and Chen, Q., "Nonlinear dynamical analysis of hydraulic turbine governing systems with non-elastic water hammer effect", Journal of Applied Mathematics, Vol. 2014, (June 2014). (doi: 10.1155/2014/412578).
- Chen, Z., Yuan, X., Ji, B., Wang, P. and Tian, H., "Design of a fractional order PID controller for hydraulic turbine regulating system using chaotic non-dominated sorting genetic algorithm II", Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 84, (August 2014), 390-404. (doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2014.04. 052).
- Singh, B., Murthy, S.S., Chilipi, R.R., Madishetti, S. and Bhuvaneswari, G. "Static synchronous compensator-variable frequency drive for voltage and frequency control of small-hydro driven self-excited induction generators system", IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 8, No. 9, (Sep. 2014), 1528–1538. (doi: 10.1049/iet-gtd.2013.0703).
- Elbatran, A.H., Yaakob, O.B., Ahmed, Y.M. and Shabara, H.M., "Operation, performance and economic analysis of low head micro-hydropower turbines for rural and remote areas: A review", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 43, (Nov. 2015), 1624–1635. (doi:10.1016/j.rser.2014.11 .045).
- Mahdavian, M., Shahgholian, G., Janghorbani, M., Soltani, B. and Wattanapongsakorn, N., "Load frequency control in power system with hydro turbine under various conditions", Proceeding of the IEEE/ECTICON, pp. 1-5, Hua Hin, Thailand, (June 2015). (doi: 10.1109/ECTICon.2015.7206938).
- Garcia,F.J., Uemori,M.K.I., Rocha Echeverria, J.J. and Costa Bortoni, E.d., "Design requirements of generators applied to low-head hydro power plants", IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol. 30, No. 4, (June 2015), 1630-1638. (doi:10.1109/TEC.2015.2434617).
- Zhu, W., Zheng, Y., Dai, J. and Zhou, J., "Design of integrated synergetic controller for the excitation and governing system of hydraulic generator unit", Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 58, (Feb. 2017), 79–87. (doi:10.1016/j.engappai.2016.12.001).
- Guo, W., Yang, J., Wang, M. and Lai, X., "Nonlinear modeling and stability analysis of hydro-turbine governing system with sloping ceiling tailrace tunnel under load disturbance", Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 106, (Dec. 2015), 127–138. (doi:10.1016/j.enconman.2015.09.026).
- Li, C., Mao, Y., Zhou, J., Zhang, N. and An, X., "Design of a fuzzy-PID controller for a nonlinear hydraulic turbine governing system by using a novel gravitational search algorithm based on Cauchy mutation and mass weighting", Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 52, (March 2017), 290-305. (doi: 10.1016/j.asoc. 2016.10.035).
- Wang, M., Zhang, Y., Ji, T. and Wang, X., "Grey prediction control and extension assessment for turbine governing system", IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 10, No. 11, (Aug. 2016), 2601-2605. (doi: 10.1049/iet-gtd.2015.1028).
- Chen, D., Ding, C., Ma, X., Yuan, P. and Ba, D., "Nonlinear dynamical analysis of hydro-turbine governing system with a surge tank", Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol. 37, No. 14-15, (2013), 7611-7623. (doi: 10.1016/j.apm.2013.01.047).
- Yuan, X., Zhang, Y. and Yuan, Y., "Improved self-adaptive chaotic genetic algorithm for hydro generation scheduling", J. Water Resource Plan Management, Vol. 134, (2008), 319-332.
- Heidarpour, F. and Shahgholian, G., "Design and simulation of sliding and fuzzy sliding mode controller in hydro-turbine governing system", Dam and Hedroelectric Powerplant, Vol. 4, No. 12, (Aug. 2017), 10-20.
- Ji, B., Yuan, X., Chen, Z. and Tian, H., "Improved gravitational search algorithm for unit commitment considering uncertainty of wind power", IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol. 67, No.1, (2014), 52-62. (doi: 10.1016/j.energy.2014.02.014).
- Yuan, X., Chen, Z., Yuan, Y. and Huang, Y., "Design of fuzzy sliding mode controller for hydraulic turbine regulating system via input state feedback linearization method", Energy, Vol. 93, Part 1, (Dec. 2015), 173–187. (doi:10.1016/j.energy. 2015.09.025).