1. Janssens-Maenhout, G., Crippa, M., Guizzardi, D., Muntean, M., Schaaf, E., Olivier, J.G.J., Peters, J.A.H.W. and Schure, K.M., "Fossil CO2 and GHG emissions of all world countries," Publications Office of the European Union, Luxembourg, (2017).
2. Olivier, J.G.J., Janssens-Maenhout, G., Muntean, M. and Peters, J.A.H.W., "Trends in Global CO2 Emissions - 2016 Report", PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency, (2016).
3. Ministry of Power. (2017, March) Central Electricity Authority. [Online].http://www.cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/nstalledcapacity/2017/installed_capacity-03.pdf
4. Conservation Action Trust, "Coal kills- Health impact of air polllution from India's coal power expansion", Conservation Action Trust, Mumbai, (2012).
5. Guttikunda, S. and Jawahar, P., "Atmospheric emissions and pollution from the coal-fired thermal power plants in India", Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 92, (2014), 449-460.
6. United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. (2008, March) UNFCCC. [Online]. https://unfccc.int/resource/docs/2007/cop13/eng/06a01.pdf.
7. Government of India. (2008) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change. [Online]. http://www.moef.nic.in/downloads/home/Pg01-52.pdf.
8. Field, C.B., Barros, V., Stocker, T.F. and Qin, D., "Special Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change", Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, (2012).
9. Kumar, A., Kumar, K., Kaushik, N., Sharma, S. and Mishra, S, "Renewable energy in India: Current status and future potentials", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 14, No. 8, (2010), 2434-2442.
10. Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. (2010) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy Solar Mission. [Online]. http://www.mnre.gov.in/solar-mission/jnnsm/mission-ocument-3/.
11. Ministry of Power. (2017, December) Central Electricity Authority.[Online].http://www.cea.nic.in/reports/monthly/installedcapacity/2018/installed_capacity-01.pdf.
12. Ministry of Finance. (2015-16) Union Budget. [Online]. https://www.indiabudget.gov.in/budget2016-2017/survey.asp.
13. Central Electricity Regulatory Authority. (2003, May) Central Electricity Regulatory Authority. [Online]. http://www.cercind.gov.in/Act-with-amendment.pdf.
14. International Renewable Energy Agency. International Renewable Energy Agency. [Online]. http://resourceirena.irena.org/gateway/dashboard/?topic=18&subTopic=50.
15. Government of India. (2010, January) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. [Online]. http://www.mnre.gov.in/solar-mission/jnnsm/resolution-2/.
16. Ministry of Power. (2012, October) Ministry of Power, Government of India. [Online]. http://powermin.nic.in/sites/default/files/uploads/Financial_restructuring_of_State_Distribution_Companies_discoms_Oct2012.pdf.
17. Power Finance Corporation. (2016, June) Power Finance Corporation Ltd. [Online]. http://www.pfc.gov.in/Default/ViewFile/?id=1490186954263_Report%20on%20Performance%20of%20State%20Power%20Utilities%202012-13%20to%202014-15.pdf&path=Page.
18. Government of India - Ministry of Power. (2015, November) Ministry of Power. [Online]. http://powermin.nic.in/pdf/Uday_Ujjawal_Scheme_for_Operational_and_financial_Turnaround_of_power_distribution_companies.pdf.
19. Beck, F. and Martinot, E., "Renewable Energy Policies and Barriers", Encyclopedia of Energy, Vol. 5, (2004), 365-383.
20. Press Information Bureau. (2017, October) Press Information Bureau.[Online].http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=171394.
21. Sara, S. and Lin, A., "Chinese Renewable Energy Law and its impact on renewable power in China: Progress, Challenges and recommendation for improving implementation", Energy Policy, Vol. 51, (2012), 89-109.
22. Bohringer, C., Nicholas, J., Rivers, T. Rutherford, and R. Wigle, "Green Jobs and Renewable Electricity Policies: Employment Impacts of Ontario's Feed-in-Tariff", The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, Vol. 12, No. 1, (2012), 1-40.
23. Brian Hill, (2016, December) Global News. [Online]. https://globalnews.ca/news/2839995/what-is-the-global-adjustment-fee-the-mysterious-cost-ontario-hydro-customers-must-pay/.
24. Busgen, U. and Durrschmidt, W., "The expansion of electricity generation from renewable energies in Germany - A review based on Renewable Energy Sources Act Progress Report 2007 and the new german feed - in legislation", Energy Policy, Vol. 37, No. 7, (2009) 2536 - 2545.
25. Sören Amelang, (2015, February) Clean Energy Wire. [Online]. https://www.cleanenergywire.org/factsheets/balancing-books-germanys-green-energy-account.
26. British Petroleum, (2018) BP Global. [Online]. https://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/energy-economics/ statistical-review-of-world-energy.html.
27. Joy, J., Joy, D. and Panwar, T.S., "People's Perception Study: Renewable energy in India 2014", WWF-India, (2015).
28. Thakur, T., Deshmukh, S.G., kaushik, S.C. and Kulshrestha, M., "Impact assessment of the Electricity Act 2003 on the Indian Power Sector", Energy Policy, Vol. 33, No. 9, (2005), 1187-1198.
29. Government of India, "Powering "One India", Office of Chief Economic Advisor, Delhi, Economic Survey 2016.
30. Dossani, R. and Ranganathan, V., "Farmers willingness to pay for power in India: Conceptual Issues, Survey results and implication for pricing", Energy Economics, Vol. 26, No. 3, (2004), 359 - 369.
31. Urpelainen, J. and Yoon, S., "Solar home systems for rural India: Survey evidence on awareness and willingness to pay from Uttar Pradesh," Energy for Sustainable Development, Vol. 24, (2015), 70 - 78.
32. Lahiri, D. and Acharjee, G., "Biomass gasifier electricity and study of willingness to pay," International Journal of Renewable Energy Resources, Vol. 3, (2013), 16-18.
33. Bose, R.K. and Shukla, M., "Electricity tariffs in India: an assessment of consumers' ability and willingness to pay in Gujarat," Energy Policy, Vol. 29, No. 6, (2001), 465-478.
34. Gill, B., Saluja, S. and Palit, D., "Charging Power: Understanding Electricity Pricing and Willingness to Pay for Electricity in India", The Energy Resources Institute, Delhi, Technical Report (2017).
35. Arrow, K., Solow, R., Portney, P.R., Leamer, E.E., Radner, R. and Schuman, H., "Report of the NOAA panel on Contingent Valuation", (1993).
36. Carson, R. and Hanemann, M., Contingent Valuation, 2nd ed., K G Maler and J R Vincent, Eds. USA: Elsevier, 2005.
37. Whittington, D., "Administering Contingent Valuation Surveys in Developing Countries", World Development, Vol. 26, No. 1, (1998), 21-30.
38. Abdullah, Zhou, D., Shah, T., Jebran, K., Ali, S. and Ali, A., "Acceptance and willingness to pay for solar home system: Survey evidence from northern area of Pakistan", Energy Reports, Vol. 3, (2017), 54 - 60.
39. Albernini, A., "Optimal Designs for Discrete Choice Contingent Valuation Surveys: Single-Bound, Double-Bound and BiVariate Models", Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Vol. 28, No. 3, (1995), 287-306.
40. Hanemann, M., Loomis, J. and Kanninen, B., "Statistical Efficiency of Double-Bounded Dichotomous Choice Contingent Valuation", American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 73, No. 4, (1991), 1255-1263.
41. Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission. (2016, November) MERC India. [Online]. http://www.mercindia.org.in/pdf/Order%2058%2042/Order-48%20of%202016-03112016.pdf.